Nearby-Nuptials: Your Wedding in Bride & Groom
How would you like to show off your wedding to all of New England? Bride & Groom Magazine's Near-by Nuptials section features weddings of local couples (one person must be a New England resident). We look for events that had attention grabbing elements that would be of interest to our readers. Those elements may include any or all of the following: ceremony/reception location, floral decor, menu (including cake and dessert), favors, wedding party attire, entertainment, proposal story, destination wedding, etc.
Weddings may be submitted for consideration by either the couple or by one of the couple's vendors. However, the couple must submit the following to be eligible: a completed
and a CD of professional photos illustrating the elements mentioned above. Completed questionnaires should be sent electronically (as an MS Word document) to the editor (put "Near-by Nuptials" in the subject line). (Requirements for the images appear below.)
Please note that the quality of the images (see our requirements below)-and what they depict factor heavily in the decision-making process. Focus should be placed on images that artfully capture the unique details of the day, such as: bride/groom getting ready; Candid shots of bride/groom; Artistic/photojournalistic images of the couple; Bridal Bouquets arranged in a group or in a row; Close-up shots of the wedding invitation, program, menu, place card, or seating chart; Close-up shots of table settings (prior to food being served) and centerpieces; Food stations and/or plated meals before they are served.
- Please submit no more than 20 images per wedding
- Electronic files (.jpg or tif only) only
- Minimum resolution of 300 dpi
- Minimum image dimension of 4" x 6"
- Files should be labeled with a recognizable version of the bride's name, the photographer's name, and the subject matter (such as: sullivan_sagestudio_cake.jpg)
- Please provide a contact sheet with your images
All images should be submitted on by CD or through our electronic file-transfer box.
CDs can be mailed to: Bride & Groom Magazine, Attn: Nearby Nuptials, 176 Worcester Providence Tpke Sutton, MA 01590
To submit your files electronically, use our Box.com feature below.
- Photographers must submit a copy of the release form signed by their clients. Please include this with the CD.
Photographers must sign and return our